Port of New Orleans - Tropical Storm Barry
Monday, July 15, 2019 Severe Weather Update, 5 p.m.:
The Port NOLA Administration Building, all marine terminals, and New Orleans Public Belt Railroad are operating as usual Monday, July 15. As of Sunday morning, July 14, 2019, the U.S. Coast Guard Captain of the Port opened the Lower Mississippi River to all vessel traffic with some restrictions. All flood gates along the Mississippi River have been opened. The Inner Harbor Navigation Canal (IHNC) Lock and all IHNC floodgates were also opened today, July 15, 2019.
Carnival Valor: Carnival Valor arrived on Monday, as scheduled. All guests should plan to arrive at the cruise terminal within their pre-selected Arrival Appointments. Visit www.carnival.com/travel-alerts for more information.
All Port NOLA marine cargo terminals and New Orleans Public Belt Railroad operations are operating as usual Monday, July 15.
INNER HARBOR NAVIGATION CANAL:
The Inner Harbor Navigation Canal (IHNC) Lock and all floodgates were also opened today, July 15, 2019.
Updates regarding bridges owned by the Port of New Orleans on the Inner Harbor Navigation Canal (St. Claude Avenue, Florida Avenue, Almonaster Avenue, and Seabrook):
All Port-owned bridges on the IHNC are operating normally for vehicular and marine traffic.
For additional questions or concerns, please contact Port NOLA staff:
- Janine Mansour, Commercial Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 504.994.4998
- Lori Louviere, Commercial Manager - Exports, email@example.com, 504.460.9515
- Amanda Coates, Commercial Manager - Imports, firstname.lastname@example.org, 850.380.4274
- Ana Menes, Commercial Manager, email@example.com, 504.528.3248
- Joseph Swartout, Commercial Manager - Breakbulk/Heavy Lift, firstname.lastname@example.org, 504.250.1018
- Josh Gommel, Deputy Director of Marine Operations, email@example.com, 504.528.3219
- Ashley Gennaro, Terminal Operations, firstname.lastname@example.org, 504.975.9168
Terminal Operator Contacts:
- Coastal Cargo: 504.587.1100
- Empire Stevedoring: 504.896.9162
- New Orleans Terminal: 504.648.6210
- Ports America: 504.894.6300
- Seaonus: 504.270.0100
- New Orleans Cold Storage: 504.944.4400
Flood gate status: http://www.floodauthority.org/closures/
Navigation advisories: http://online.louisianamaritime.org/new-active-advisories/
Weather updates: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/